Chain of Custody Policy
We are able to provide the assurance to our customers that we will:
· Track the country and district of origin of our fibre sources.
· Track and record the volume of certified fibre from forests certified by:
§ Canadian Standards Association Sustainable Forest Management (CAN/CSA-Z809)
§ Sustainable Forestry Initiative ® (SFI)
§ Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC)
· Track and record the volume of non-certified fibre and ensure that best efforts are implemented to avoid trading and sourcing controversial wood fibre. This means that all wood fibre:
§ Originates from a legal and authorized source.
§ Is harvested with consideration to traditional or civil rights.
§ Is harvested with regard to relevant safety and labour regulations relating to forest workers.
§ Is not harvested from high conservation value forests.
§ Does not originate from forests being converted to non-forest use, nor from forests containing genetically modifies trees.
§ Contains only those arboreal species not classified as endangered by CITES, nor originating from countries with sanctions on forest based products.
· Maintain a Management System for the tracking of the fibre, including annual audits and management reviews to ensure the controls and documentation are effective and maintained.
· Ensure our business practices meet Provincial and Federal requirements for health & safety and also the International Labour Organization’s Core Conventions for labour standards.
· Communicate information to our customers regarding the Chain of Custody and certified fibre used in our manufacturing process.
Copyright © - Howe Sound Pulp and Paper Corporation